Gajaak Community in the United States of America condemned the recent attacks in Kaijak, Longechuk, and Maiwut Counties, Adar State. During the months of May and June 2017, Gajaak people were faced with multiple attacks. Militias hired by Bol Ruac Rom, Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Gatkuoth Kor, Gathoth Gatkuoth, Dak Tap, ordered by Salva Kiir and Taban Deng Gai to go and establish unapproved/fake states for Gajiok and Gajaak resulted in the killings of innocent civilians in the Gajaak areas. Gajaak Community in the United States met and condemned this barbaric act in the strongest term possible. While South Sudanese are struggling to bring back a lasting peace in the country, President Salva Kiir and his de facto first vice president Taban Deng Gai, are busy creating conflicts amongst communities using bribe money, weapons and ammunitions to create divide and rule. These tactics of divide and rule, scorched earth policy must stop immediately. The divide and rule policy is not going to bring peace in the country unless is dissolved.
However, given to recent attacks in Gajaak land, Gajaak will not sit hands down watching their innocent women and children maimed and cleansed by a failed government. Gajaak Land is one hundred percent controlled by SPLM/A-In-Opposition. There is no lawlessness the rogue regime claimed they go to restores law and order in the area. Since civil war broke out in South Sudan on December 15, 2013, Gajaak Land was the peaceful area in South Sudan. There was no single incident ever occurred between the two Jikany communities until the recent day when Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Bol Ruac Rom, and Gatkuoth Khor went to meet Paul Malong the then Chief of General Staff, Minister of Defense and Veterans Affairs kuol Manyang Juuk. Paul Malong and Kuol Manyang are the very people who implementing the policy of Jieng Council of Elders. The Jieng Council of Elders are the master planners of the civil war in South Sudan and their policy of divide and rule shall not be continue in the country if peace has to be achieved.
Facts about the recent killings of Gajaak:
The facts about the recent killings of Gajaak innocent civilians are the following: Inserted below was the press statement released after the meeting between the Jikany government supporters with Paul Malong and Kuol Manyang at BilPham. Press release, “Tuesday, 25 April 2017. Today, Tuesday afternoon, a high delegation of Leaders from Maiwut and Latjor States met with General Kuol Manyang Juuk, Minister of Defense and Veterans Affairs, General Thoi Reat Chany, Deputy Minister of Defense and Veterans Affairs and General Paul Malong Awan, Chief of General Staff, SPLA, at Bilpam General Headquarters. The Leaders of National and States Government from Maiwut and Latjor States who met the Leadership of the Ministry of Defense and Veterans Affairs are as follows; 1. Hon. Ambassador Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Minister of Petroleum. 2. Hon. Sophia Pal Gai, Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation. 3. Hon. Bol Ruach Rom, Governor of Maiwut State. 4. Hon. Peter Gatkuoth Kor, Governor of Latjor State. 5. Hon. Bor Gatwech Kuany, SPLM-IO Chief Whip, TNLA. 6. Hon. Martha Martin Dar, Chairperson of Specialized Committee of Health and HIV AIDs, TNLA. The meeting Discussed: 1. Support to transport State Government to their Headquarters of Maiwut the Capital City of Maiwut State and Nasir the Capital City of Latjor State. 2. Provision of Cars and other Logistical Support for States. 3. Support to the citizens of Maiwut and Latjor States. The meeting commended the work of two Governors of Maiwut and Latjor States since their appointment in February 2017. General Kuol Manyang, General Thoi Chany and General Paul Malong expressed their readiness to support the two states to stabilize security and stability in their areas and restore laws and orders for citizens to return to their homes and rebuild their lives. The Ministry of Defense and Veterans Affairs stands ready to give all the necessary support needed by the two states”. Following the above meeting, multiple attacks occurred in Gajaak territories. On May 2nd, 2017, DutJiok was attacked, civilians were killed and herds of cattle were taken. On May 9th, 2017, Pakur was attacked, civilians were killed and herds of cattle were taken. On May 15th, 2017, Gobach (Gɔpɛbac), Nakmannyang (NäkMänNyaŋ), and Lanydey (Länydɛy) were attacked and herds of cattle were taken. On May 29th, 2017, Panom de jiop was attacked and herds of cattle were taken. Last, not least, on the 1st of June 2017, Khor-Machar (Tharyier) was attacked, civilians were killed but no cattle were taken because of fierce battle between the attackers and Gajaak Civilians White Army. Given these evidences, there is no reason Bol Ruach Rom, Gatkuoth Khor, and Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth can deny the facts that they are the master planners of these attacks.
Gajaak Community in the United States has issued the following:
- Gajaak demands Bol Ruach Rom, Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth, Gatkuoth Khor, Gathoth Gatkuoth, and Dak Tap, including their masters Taban Deng Gai and Salva Kiir Mayardit to immediately refrain from killing our people.
- Gajaak would like to warn Gajiok neighboring communities to refrain from being manipulated by Salva Kiir and Taban Deng Gai, recruits to commit crimes in Gajaak land. We asked Gajiok and SPLM/A-in-Opposition in the area to control these criminals since they have been recruited in Gajiok territories. Failure to do so would trigger unnecessary conflict between the two Gaatkiir communities.
- During the multiple attacks, almost 50 people killed and more than 10,000 heads cattle were raided. Gajaak demand the return of all cattle to the rightful owners.
- Gajaak demand SPLM/A-In-Opposition and the civil administrations in Adar State in collaboration with Sobat State to bring those culprits to book.
- Gajaak are peace loving community who love to live side by side with their neighbors. However, we will not sit hands down watching our families’ slaughter by Juba regime and its proxies. Gajaak will defend their God given rights to the land, properties, and the people. Anyone attempts to loggerheads with Gajaak may do it on his/her own risk.
- Gajaak Community in the United States.
- Gajaak Community Development Services
- Gajaak Taskforce for Homeland Defense
Date: June 10, 2017